CERF in partnership with IOM funded a WASH project which was implemented by WASDA in Dhobley town from November 2015-june 2016 with duration of 8 months.
The CERF project targeted target beneficiaries of 10,000 among the area population of 74,850 living in and around Dhobley. The proposed wash project was focusing on IDPs, Returnees & Host communities living in Dhobley to provide emergency Wash facilities.
- Rehabilitation and upgrading of 1 strategic water sources (boreholes)
- Construction of 1 water tanks each 40,000 l capacity
- Construction of 2 water kiosks with pipeline and connection to the borehole (1096girls,567boys, 1368 women, 773men)
- Fuel and operation and maintenance boreholes in 8 months
- Training 20 trainers on hygiene promotion (11F, 9M)
- Training of four village on the concept Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) (Kutur-30F,20M) Bosnia (33F, 17M) Kowad (31F 19M) Waberi (31F 19M)
- Training and establishing water and sanitation committees compromising of seven persons including equal gender participation (4M 3F)
- Incentives for 20 hygiene promoters 30 USD per month for persons in 8 months
- Procurement and distribution of hygiene kits (soap, aqua tabs and jerry cans) 258F 42M total 1587
All project activities for CERF project was successfully achieved and completed within the project timeline.